Semi-official and other letters from London to Chungking, 1942-1946
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters and some property and private and confidential letters from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, to Jardine Matheson, Chungking, with enclosed letters and papers. The files also include copies of telegrams exchanged between London and Chungking. The correspondents are B.D.F. Beith, D.I. Bosanquet, G.P. Charlton, W.S. Dupree, H.Y. Hsu, W.J. Keswick, H.H. Lennox, J.F. Owen, C.F. Stockar and A. Wright.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 folder(s) (1 folder)
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
J1/82 and J1/116 contain other copies of the semi-official letters from this series.
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Bosanquet, David Ives, 1914-1988 (businessman)
- Charlton, Geoffrey Philip, b 1914 (businessman)
- Dupree, William Sherlock, 1881-1975 (businessman)
- Hsu, Hou Yu, b 1900 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Lennox, Henry Hutchison, 1891-1958 (businessman)
- Owen, John Featherstone, b 1889 (businessman)
- Stockar, Charles Felix, b 1899 (businessman)
- Wright, Arthur, b 1880 (businessman)