Semi-official letters from Shanghai to Harbin, 20 July 1929-14 May 1932
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Shanghai:
1. Nos 13-23 from R.M. Austin, B.D.F. Beith and G.W. Sheppard to E.A. Jenkinson, G.E.R. Mayell and J.K. Shaw, Hongkong Fire Insurance Co. Ltd, Harbin, 23 August 1929-14 May 1932.
2. Nos 13-16 from R.M. Austin to E.J. Surman, Jardine Engineering Corporation Ltd, Harbin, 20 July 1929-17 April 1930.
The subjects covered include the Harbin liquidation account and staff. The ring-binder is labelled 'Ports. To Harbin. General & Liquidation'.
- 20 July 1929-14 May 1932
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 27 February 2012.
- Austin, Reginald Mein, 1888-1934 (businessman)
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Hongkong Fire Insurance Co Ltd
- Jardine Engineering Corporation Ltd
- Jenkinson, Edward Arnold, b 1893
- Mayell, Gliddon Edmund Rodin, b 1897
- Shaw, James Kerr, c 1899-1933
- Sheppard, George Walter, d 1943 (businessman)
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com