Semi-official letters from Kobe and Yokohama to Hong Kong, 1932-1941
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Kobe and Yokohama, to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are R.G. Bell, W.J. Keswick, D.F. Landale, A. McDonald, J.J. Paterson, H.F. Scudamore and A.B. Stewart.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 envelope(s) (1 envelope)
1 folder(s) (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, October 2010.
- Bell, Robert Gowland, c 1887-1952 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- McDonald, Alistair, b 1897 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Scudamore, Herbert Fawckner, d 1938 (businessman)
- Stewart, Allan Brown, c 1888-1940 (businessman)