Semi-official correspondence between London and Shanghai, 1929-1935
Scope and Contents
Semi-official correspondence and some telegrams exchanged between Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, and the Jardine Engineering Corporation Ltd, Shanghai, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are R.M. Austin, B.D.F. Beith, D.G.M. Bernard, W.J. Keswick, J.F. Owen and G.W. Sheppard.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
3 file(s) (3 ring-binders)
Language of Materials
- Austin, Reginald Mein, 1888-1934 (businessman)
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Bernard, Sir Dallas Gerald Mercer, 1888-1975 (1st Baronet, businessman)
- Jardine Engineering Corporation Ltd
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Owen, John Featherstone, b 1889 (businessman)
- Sheppard, George Walter, d 1943 (businessman)