Semi-official correspondence between Hong Kong and Foochow, 1934-1938
Scope and Contents
Original semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Foochow, to Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, and copies of semi-official letters from Hong Kong to Foochow, with enclosed letters and papers, including monthly statements from Foochow of the Compradore's liabilities. The correspondents are W.B. Cornaby, L.G. Frost, James Helbling, W.J. Keswick, D.F. Landale, J.J. Paterson, A.M. Scott-Morris and A.B. Stafford.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
5 volume(s) (5 volumes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, June 1990.
Former reference: J31
- Cornaby, William Basil, b 1892 (businessman)
- Frost, Leopold Gotley, 1899-1983 (businessman)
- Helbling, James, 1872-1948 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- Morris, Archibald Mortimer Scott-, 1896-1939 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Stafford, Alfred Ben, 1908-1941 (businessman)