Skip to main content

The Long Tunnel Mine, Walhalla, 1885 - 1901

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3087D/61

Scope and Contents

199 x 146 mm. A view looking down on the mine, with workings extending into the hillside behind. The Long Tunnel Mine opened in 1865 and proved to be the most productive of Victorian mines: over 815,000 oz. of gold were recovered in the 50 years of its existence.


  • Creation: 1885 - 1901


Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Date information

DateText: The date is approximate..

Finding aid date

2016-03-16 14:55:38+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom