The New Masonic Hall, Sandhurst, 1875
Scope and Contents
177 x 123 mm. An exterior view of the hall, situated in View Street, showing the six Corinthian pillars of the façade, with figures leaning against them posing for the camera. The text beneath the picture reads ‘This magnificent building was erected in 1874, at the cost of £10,000, and contains a fine hall, measuring 95x 45 feet, capable of seating 1,100 persons. A Lodge Room 55 x 32 ft, 6 additional rooms for Masonic purposes, and a suite of 13 rooms in addition (including club, billiard, and other rooms), in connection with the Masonic Hotel, attached’.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Finding aid date