Skip to main content

[James Buick and Co., Beehive Stores], 1875

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3087C/20

Scope and Contents

170 x 118 mm. A view showing the front of the building on Pall Mall, with a large group of people posing in front of the store. This photograph is on a different mount to the rest of the portfolio and has no captions apart from ‘N.J. Claire, Photo, View Street, Sandhurst’. It was presumably taken to celebrate the opening of the new Beehive. The old Beehive stores, which Buick and Co. had shared with Moore Bros, was burnt down in August 1871. The new building, pictured here, was completed in 1872. Moore Bros. also found new premises of their own; their shop can be seen at the east end of Pall Mall in Y3087C/14 and Y3087C/24.


  • Creation: 1875


Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements

Poor condition.

Finding aid date

2014-07-28 10:43:38+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom