Skip to main content

Battery of Stampers for Crushing Quartz, 1875

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3087C/5

Scope and Contents

180 x 127 mm. A view of the crushing machines, complete with water sluices which separate the crushed rock from the gold. Explanation on mount reads ‘The reduction of quartz by stampers, is the only method at present adopted on the Gold Fields of Bendigo. The most extensive plants, being those at Koch’s Pioneer Claim, Long Gully; The Extended Hustler’s; also the Garden Gully United; and the Abe Lincoln Crushing Plant, New Chum Gully’.


  • Creation: 1875


Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Finding aid date

2014-07-25 15:51:25+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom