Albury Station, exterior, 1872 - 1895
Scope and Contents
344 x 261 mm. A view of the station buildings and entrance, with railway officials and a horse cab standing in front of the station. Opened in January 1881: 'It was built at the end of Smollett Street ... The handsomest structure of its kind in the Colony. It is constructed of red and white bricks of exceptionally excellent manufacture, dressed with cement and surmounted by a clocktower 80 feet high' (NSW Registrar-General's Office 1886, p.98).
Albury lies in the far south of New South Wales, just north of the Victorian border, and was at this time a rapidly expanding vine growing and wool-producing area.
- 1872 - 1895
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good condition, slight fading along edges.
Finding aid date