Skip to main content

Entrée de l’Est dans Pretoriée (L’Avenue), 1873 - 1874

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3055B/4

Scope and Contents

189 x 142 mm. A view looking along Church Street East, Pretoria, towards Church Square from the Apies River near Lion Bridge. On the left is a watermill and barn and on the right the house built for Stephanus Meintjes by Landdrost Andries du Toit in the 1850s. Information from ‘Centenary Album. Pretoria’s First century in Illustration’ (Pretoria, 1952).


  • 1873 - 1874


Conditions Governing Access

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials


Date information

DateText: The date is approximate..


Gros, H Ferdinand, fl 1860-1909, photographer

Finding aid date

2012-04-17 12:20:52+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom