Douglas Church Kulangsoo, Aug 24.96, 10am, bright, ? F48 or 32, 2 1/2 secs, 1896-08-24
Scope and Contents
The Rev. Dr Carstairs Douglas was the dedicated leader of the missionary effort in Amoy from 1855 until his death from cholera in 1877. The Church, opened in 1880, was paid for from his estate on the initiative of his brother, Principal Douglas of the Free Church College, Glasgow, Edward Band, ‘Working his purpose out: the history of the English Presbyterian Mission, 1847-1947' (London, 1948), pp. 231-233).
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Finding aid date
- From the Fonds: Paton, Benjamin (Lewis, 1860-1936, doctor and missionary) (Person)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com