Found in 39 Collections and/or Records:
A Mission house Kulangsoo [south of Xiamen], Aug 26.96, 4.15pm, windy, F.32, windy, 3 secs, 1896-08-26
American Consulate Kulangsoo [south of Xiamen], Aug. 22.96, 9am, bright, F45, 2 1/2 secs, 1896-08-22
Changpoo [also known as Chang-pu] Church (Gregory's), Feb. 1.90, 4.45pm, dull and raining(?), F.32, 4 secs, 1890-02-01
Changpoo [also known as Chang-pu] Dispensary (Howie's), Feb. 1.90, 4.45pm, dull rain(?), F.32, 4 secs, 1890-02-01
This school was founded by Miss Graham.
Showing a group of Chinese people seated on the steps described as 'group of patients waiting for the doctor', Edward Band, ‘Working his purpose out: the history of the English Presbyterian Mission, 1847-1947' (London, 1948), facing p.256).
[Chinese symbols], To-Laî F[?]leng, Tân Thieu Sèng, Ng Tiam Un, Tân Sûn Choân, Ng Seng Ho,Tân Pit Tsó. May 28.90, 2.15pm, raining - dull, F.32, 3 secs, 1890-05-28
Showing Dr David Grant and his hospital assistants. Dr David Grant was the first medical missionary and was single-handed for many years from his arrival in 1880. He was invalided in 1894, when Paton took over. His devotion to duty for fourteen years permanently impaired his health, and he died in Inverness in July 1907, Edward Band, ‘Working his purpose out: the history of the English Presbyterian Mission, 1847-1947' (London, 1948), pp. 136-7, 301, 304-5.
The Rev. Dr Carstairs Douglas was the dedicated leader of the missionary effort in Amoy from 1855 until his death from cholera in 1877. The Church, opened in 1880, was paid for from his estate on the initiative of his brother, Principal Douglas of the Free Church College, Glasgow, Edward Band, ‘Working his purpose out: the history of the English Presbyterian Mission, 1847-1947' (London, 1948), pp. 231-233).
German Consul's house Kulangsoo [south of Xiamen], Aug 24.96, 10 am, bright F45, 2 1/2 sec, 1896-08-24
'I have a photograph of the first beginnings of the Girls' School' (1906 Report, p. 4).
145 x 100mm. Those present appear to be: Rear row - Miss M. Fraser (Chang-Pu 1926-1931); Dr L.G. Thacker (Chuan-Chow 1906-1932), Miss M.A.F. Roxburgh (Chuan-Chow 1905-1934). Centre row - ?, Miss L. Ramsay, ?. Bottom row - Miss A.N. Duncan (Chuan-Chow 1893-1932), Dr M.E. Bryson (Chuan-Chow 1905-1934).
'Interior of Chin-Chew [Quanzhou ?] Church', Sept. 27.90, 12.30, sunny, no 'stop', 20 counted quickly, 1890-09-27
Seated in the garden.