Skip to main content

The English Cemetery, Larnaca, 1908

Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Fisher 8/1120

Scope and Contents

Quarter-plate. In one corner of the yard of St. Lazarus Church. This was used for tombs of consuls and their relatives, sea captains and merchants long before the British occupation. When St. Lazarus Church was attacked on one occasion some of these tomb stones were removed to the front of the Church, and under the plea of English the Church was saved from destruction.


  • Creation: 1908


Conditions Governing Access

From the Fonds:

Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (

Language of Materials




Finding aid date

2002-08-30 12:08:22+00:00

Includes index.

Repository Details

Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository

Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom