Records of the Cambridge University Mummers, 1929 - 1988
Scope and Contents
The surviving records are chiefly financial and relate to the organisation and expense of productions. There is a small quantity of programmes, photographs and a poster, 1930-2, 1960 and 1963.
- 1929 - 1988
- Cambridge University Mummers (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The University Archives are generally freely available to the holder of a reader's ticket for the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR. Restrictions on access are imposed on certain categories of sensitive record: financial, governmental and personal, by order of the originating body or under data protection legislation. Access information, including opening hours and how to obtain a reader's ticket, appears as part of the Library's web site (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Biographical / Historical
The Mummers was established as a student drama society in 1928 by Alistair Cooke (Jesus College, 1927) and Charles Shope (Queens' College, 1928). Students at Newnham and Girton Colleges were admitted to membership from the start.
3 volume(s) : paper and photograph
6 collection (3 volumes and 6 envelopes of loose papers, 1 poster)
1 item(s) (1 poster)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
SOC.XXV.1 was presented to the University Library by W.M. Schwab in Sept. 1994, originally catalogued as an Additional Manuscript but transferred to the University Archives in Oct. 1998. SOC.XXV.2-5 were formerly in the possession of Dr T.P. Hoar, member from 1928 onwards and Honorary Treasurer 1949-76. At his death in 1979 they passed to his successor, Dr Peter Holland, Trinity Hall, who deposited them, with additions, in the University Archives on 29 August 1997. SOC.XXV.6 was presented to the University Archives by Alan Tongue on 5 June 2014.
The online catalogue was completed in August 2004 and emended in Sept. 2014.
Cambridge University Mummers
Finding aid date