Act of Parliament
Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
Act for enabling Sir William Mannock to charge his estate for the raising his younger children's portions, 4 William and Mary [1692-3]., 1789-05
An Act for allotting lands in the parishes of Fulmodeston with Croxton, Stibbard, Little Ryburgh, and Geat Ryburgh, in the county of Norfolk., 1808
The advowson was purchased by the college in 1718. For the early history of the advowson see 1a below.
For the decision to purchase on the favourable report of two fellows, see Chapter Book, 3, pp. 64-5.
The modern references for 1g and 1h have been reversed to preserve the chronological sequence.
Nos 7, 9, 11 and 13 not used.
An Act for Dividing, Allotting, and Inclosing the Open and Common Fields, Common Meadows, and other Open and Commonable Lands and Waste Grounds, lying in the Parishes of Grantchester and Coton in the County of Cambridge., 1799
No. 59 not used (now 94.1); also nos 81-87.
For three early deeds (one of 1273, the other two undated) see XXXVI 99, where they are transcribed.
An Act for effecting an exchange between the Master or Keeper and Fellows or Scholars of Corpus Christi College in the University of Cambridge, and the Master or Keeper Fellows and Scholars of Pembroke Hall in the same University, 1833
The property offered by Pembroke is now Norwood Farm, March.
An Act for effecting an exchange between the Master or Keeper and Fellows or Scholars of Corpus Christi College in the University of Cambridge, and the Master or Keeper Fellows and Scholars of Pembroke Hall in the same University, 1833-06-10
With Royal Assent, June 10th 1833. Two copies
An Act for . . . Inclosing . . .the common and open fields . . .within the parish of Little Wilbraham., 1797
Nos 11-13, 26-199 not used. 223 (1) relates to the manor of Barton Lancaster and is there housed and listed.
See also under Grantchester XXXVI G 129.1: Dr Hooke's notebook of his livings at Grantchester and Little Wilbraham, 1762-76.
Membrane 5 of 09/35/141 has records of the court of Wilbraham Rycotts for 1631, 1635 and 1636.
An Act for the better paving, cleansing, and lighting the town of Cambridge; for removing and preventing obstructions and annoyances, and for widening the streets, lanes, and other passages within the said town, 1794
Cambridge, printed by F. Hodson, 1794.
Sugar-paper wrapper inscribed 'Corpus Christi College Library'
An Act for the Improvement of the Drainage and Navigation of the South Level of the Fens, 1827-05-28
7-8 George IV, Session 1826-7. Royal Assent 28 May 1827.
No. 1 not used. No. 116 relates to Swaffham; No. 178 is now 207A
Also included are holdings in the nearby parishes of Milton (Middleton), Cottenham (Cotenham), Impington (Impiton or Empiton), and elsewhere
4 William IV - Session. 1834. Royal Assent, 22 May 1834
The Act restores to Lord Shannon the advowson and manor of Stalbridge which had been alienated contrary to the conveyance of Richard Earl of Cork of 1 November 1640.