Reference Code: GBR/0115/RCS/Y3075B
Scope and Contents
235 x 197 mm. A mounted photograph showing the newly opened two storey stone building and apart from the caption includes the dedication 'The Royal Colonial Institute. With the compliments of the President, Trinidad: Feby. 1902.' The Victorian Institute was built at the top of Frederick Street, Port of Spain, to celebrate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee in 1887. An additional wing was built in 1897 on the occasion of the Diamond Jubilee, and the Memorial Wing seen here erected after the...
Conditions Governing Access:
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).