Memorial Wing, Victoria Institute
Scope and Contents
235 x 197 mm. A mounted photograph showing the newly opened two storey stone building and apart from the caption includes the dedication 'The Royal Colonial Institute. With the compliments of the President, Trinidad: Feby. 1902.' The Victorian Institute was built at the top of Frederick Street, Port of Spain, to celebrate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee in 1887. An additional wing was built in 1897 on the occasion of the Diamond Jubilee, and the Memorial Wing seen here erected after the Queen's death.
- Creation: 1902
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 item(s) (1 image)
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Existence and Location of Copies
This collection is available on microfiche: South America/Caribbean, fiche number 25.
This collection level description was entered by WS using information from the original typescript catalogue.
- 2006-10-11 10:10:47+00:00
- Language of description
- Script of description