Spanish Town (inhabited place)
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
217x133mm. View looking along the gorge at Bog Walk in the opposite direction to Y307H/15.
219x133mm. View looking along the wooded gorge of the Rio Cobre, with the road running alongside. Bog Walk is near Spanish Town, the name being a corruption of boca de agua (water's mouth).
162 x 113 mm. Showing the front façade of Kings House, built for Henry Moore, who administered the island from 1756 to 1762. This façade is now all that remains of the building, the interior having been destroyed by fire in 1925. The building is situated in the Plaza in Spanish Town.
240 x 181 mm. A view looking along the Rio Cobre with wooded hills on either bank. For a better picture of the Bog Walk see Y3073B/18.
244 x 182 mm. A view showing St Catherine’s Cathedral, a red-brick building erected in 1714. In the foreground is a horse and cart loaded with a barrel.
74 x 98 mm. Showing two women with baskets on their heads walking across the Plaza. In the background can be seen various Government Offices.
231 x 176 mm. A view looking between trees and thick vegetation towards the river beyond.
University College of the West Indies, Installation of H.R.H. Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone, as Chancellor (Colonial Cinemagazine 29), 1950-02
245 x 180 mm. A view showing a group of Jamaican women doing their laundry on the banks of the river.