Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:
231 x 178 mm. Showing a horse and buggy driving along a country road beside the Rio Cobre, with forest on either side.
162 x 116 mm. Showing the front of the Court House at Mandeville, a building of similar design to that seen in Y3073B/10. Of square construction with two curving staircases leading to an entrance on the first floor and with an entrance at ground level directly beneath the stairs. This Court House is of a rather more elegant design, however.
In 1959, Ocho Rios was the typical rural coastal village. Its natural beauty was yet to be exploited as a tourist attraction, 1959
250 x 200 mm.
250 x 200 mm. The caption reads 'Twenty years later, in 1979, the scene is startlingly different, with several resort complexes and shopping malls on the coastline. Ocho Rios is also a bauxite port and the combined effect of both industries has contributed to the growth of the town as a commercial centre'.
162 x 113 mm. Showing the front façade of Kings House, built for Henry Moore, who administered the island from 1756 to 1762. This façade is now all that remains of the building, the interior having been destroyed by fire in 1925. The building is situated in the Plaza in Spanish Town.
162 x 116 mm. Showing the church with its square tower, taken from outside the churchyard. Mandeville lies about 40 miles west of Kingston in the centre of the island.
250 x 200 mm. The caption reads 'The same area today houses thousands of Jamaicans in several housing schemes as housing developers, including the Government, attempted to solve the problem of overcrowding in the metropolitan area of Kingston by extending its boundaries to include the adjoining lowlands of St. Catherine'.
74 x 98 mm. Showing two women with baskets on their heads walking across the Plaza. In the background can be seen various Government Offices.
University College of the West Indies, Installation of H.R.H. Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone, as Chancellor (Colonial Cinemagazine 29), 1950-02
Up to 1959, the canefields of Portmore in St. Catherine were a major source of sugar cane for two factories, 1959
250 x 200 mm.
231 x 177 mm. Showing the rocky bed of the Wag Water River running through hilly scrubland. The river runs northward through Castleton to the sea at Annotto Bay.
230 x 178 mm. Showing a group of Jamaicans washing in and gathering water from the river. The White River enters the sea on the north coast between Ochos Rios and Oracabossa.