Hamilton (inhabited place)
Found in 26 Collections and/or Records:
Captioned 'Photo by Cartwright 2830'.
115 x 90 mm. Showing a group of small dinghies sailing in Hamilton Harbour.
195 x 241 mm. Showing the Queen, Prince Philip and Sir Alexander Hood leaving the Sessions House.
170 x 245mm. Showing some of the shops and other buildings in Front Street, with cars (first introduced to Bermuda in 1946), bicycles and horse drawn carriages on the road.
186 x 244mm. Showing the waterfront at Hamilton with a liner moored at the quayside. Front Street runs along the dockside.
233 x 182 mm. A view looking across flat fields planted out with fruit trees.
245 x 193 mm. Showing the front façade of Government House. This, the second Government House, was first occupied in 1892.
102 x 78 mm. Showing two cruisers steaming into Hamilton Harbour. The headland visible behind the ships is the northernmost point of Ireland Island which lies to the north-west of Hamilton and contains a dockyard with access into Grassy Bay.
140 x 88 mm. Coloured post card.
242 x 193 mm. A view looking over the town towards the harbour with small islands dotted here and there in the distance.
101 x 152 mm. Showing Commander Green driving off on the Bermuda golf course.
138 x 88 mm. Coloured postcard.
56 x 53 mm. Cars parked in front of a house.
241 x 194 mm. Showing the Queen and Prince Philip leaving Government House in a horse drawn landau.
241 x 194 mm. Showing the Queen and Prince Philip waving as they leave the Sessions House in a horse drawn landau.
241 x 194 mm. A photograph taken inside the Assembly House where various dignitaries and officials are gathered. The Queen and Prince Philip are seated at the head of the room with the Governor, Lieut-General Sir Alexander Hood, while two bewigged officials hand the address to the Queen.
A view looking across the rock garden and stream at Hamilton.
130 x 77 mm. A view looking out over the harbour and showing the twin-funnelled 'Bermudian' in the distance.
133 x 81 mm. Showing the cathedral in Hamilton, the building of which was started in 1866 and finally completed in 1911. The cathedral stands on the site of the former Trinity Church which was totally destroyed by fire in 1884.
Captioned 'Photo by Cartwright 2831'.
Captioned 'Photo by Cartwright 2824'.
Captioned 'Photo by Cartwright 2823'.