Alicedale (inhabited place)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
209 x 153 mm. A view from the hillside looking down on to the buildings of the Lovedale Missionary Institute in Alice. This mission for indigenous South Africans was founded in 1826 under the name of Incehra and renamed after Dr. John Love, Secretary of the Glasgow Missionary Society.
208 x 148 mm. A view looking along a steeply sided valley, with the railway following the course of the Bushman's River on the valley floor. Alicedale is situated about 25 miles west of Grahamstown.