Free State (province)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
191 x 126 mm. Showing miners at work shifting boulders excavated from the trenches on Ferreira's mine. The Ferreira Gold Mining Company and the Ferreira Deep were named after Colonel Ignatius P. Ferreira (1840-1921) who had laid out Ferreira's Camp in 1886 and was one of the leaders of the early diggers. These two mines were among the most successful on the Wittwatersrand. Whitehead's Mine can just be made out on the horizon.
191 x 124 mm. Showing the old government buildings, a long narrow construction with a central square tower, facing on to (?) Mailtland Street.