Ferreira Gold Mining Company, Whitehead's Company in distance, 1888
Scope and Contents
191 x 126 mm. Showing miners at work shifting boulders excavated from the trenches on Ferreira's mine. The Ferreira Gold Mining Company and the Ferreira Deep were named after Colonel Ignatius P. Ferreira (1840-1921) who had laid out Ferreira's Camp in 1886 and was one of the leaders of the early diggers. These two mines were among the most successful on the Wittwatersrand. Whitehead's Mine can just be made out on the horizon.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Language of Materials
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Finding aid date