Australia (nation)
Found in 2785 Collections and/or Records:
Team of sixteen horses passing under fig tree, near Atherton. North Queensland, 1910
Teams and packhorse outside store at Yungaburra, 1910
[Loaded packhorses outside wooden store building].
Teams of horses outside smithy at Yungaburra, 1910
Landscape format. [Smithy not visible].
Teams of horses outside smithy at Yungaburra, 1910
Landscape format. [Teams outside buildings, one marked 'Baker'].
Teamsters camped for the night, 1908
Showing a wagon-load of sacks, with the horse team loose and feeding, and the wagonners in the background.
Technological Museum and College - Sydney, 1908
A view taken from the junction of Harris Street and Mary Ann Street. The museum is the nearer building, with the technical college behind it and to the right, facing on to Mary Ann Street. Both buildings were designed by William E. Kemp, the college in 1891 and the museum in 1892.
Telegraph post, N.S.W. [i.e. New South Wales], 1910 - 1930
Showing a crooked telegraph post.
Temple of the thousand idols, Yarangobilly [sic] Caves, New South Wales, 1909
274 x 350 mm. A view of a portion of the caves, with hundreds of stalactites growing down from the roof and numerous thicker stalactites growing up from the floor. In some places both have joined to form columns.
Temporary annex-Main Avenue, 1880
290 x 234 mm. A view looking along the walkway, with glass cases and exhibits on either side.
Temporary annex: Section Victorian Court. Ironwork etc, 1880
289 x 233 mm. A view of Victorian exhibits showing the products of the ‘Victorian Confectionary Coy.’ The Colonial Manufacturing Co.’ and ‘Melbourne Bellows’.
Temporary annexe, section Victorian court, ironworks, 1880
289 x 233 mm.
Temporary annexe, section Victorian court, main avenue, 1880
289 x 233 mm.
Temptation Creek, 1888
275 x 220 mm. A view of the creek, with wooded hillside on the banks. A large boulder stands in the foreground on the left.
Terrace and carriage Paddock, Flemington Race Course, 1885 - 1901
200 x 147 mm. A view looking down on groups of men and women on the Terrace, with rows of horse carriages standing beyond.
Testing Machine, P.N. Russell Engineering School, 1895 - 1900
208 x 151 mm. A view of part of the workings of a machine, presumably used for stress-testing on the strength of components.
The Aborigines of Tasmania [historic title], 1873
'The Aborigines of Tasmania by Hugh M. Hull Clerk in Parliament', 5 pages. The document is undated, but internal evidence suggests it originates from between 1869 and 1876, probably 1873.
The Accommodation House, Jenolan Caves, 1911
A view from the hillside looking down on the hotel, which served as a base for tourists to the caves. Jeremiah Wilson was appointed 'Keeper of the Caves' in 1867, soon after the area was made a Government Reserve and from the early 1880's he provided accommodation for visitors. The building illustrated here was started in 1897.
The Arcade, 1888 - 1889
205 x 155 mm. A view looking along the Royal Arcade, with shops on either side. The arcade runs from Bourke Street through to Collins Street and was built in 1869-70.
The arch of the Devil's Coach House, 1910
[Outer view of cave in the rock].
The Argyle Cut, 1870 - 1879
273 x 209 mm. View looking west along Argyle Street towards the Argyle Cut, a passage carved through solid rock beneath Cumberland Street and Prince's Street in the 1840s to give access between the Circular Quay and Miller's Point. Cumberland and Prince's Street pass over the Cut on stone bridges.
The Argyle Cut, 1870 - 1879
271 x 207 mm. View looking east along Argyle Street towards the Argyle Cut. A small portion of Holy Trinity Church can be seen in the left foreground.
The Australian Bicentennial
Twenty-two images (with some duplicates), chiefly of the 'Young Endeavour'. A photograph of an article on the voyage of the Young Endeavour which sailed from Portsmouth in August 1987 and arrived in Hobart on 10 January 1988, taken from the RCS Newsletter No. 19, Spring 1988, is filed with the photographs.
The Australian Club, 1870
274 x 190 mm. A view of the club premises, an elegant colonial style building with balconies on each floor, taken from the junction of O’ Connell Street and Bent Street.
The Australian Laughing Jackass, 1888 - 1889
98 x 145 mm. A studio photograph showing two stuffed kingfishers among arranged vegetation. Photograph by Henry King, Sydney.
'The Australian Peregrinations of T.D. Simon', Vol. 2, 2 - 28 Apr. 1986
Colour photographs measuring approximately 125 x 90 mm, pasted into the album pages. A detailed account of the second half of a six week holiday spent with ex-Kenya friends living in Queensland. Many day-trips to towns around Toowoomba, Brisbane and Warwick are described. The smaller, second section recounts similar information regarding Simon's home territory around Christchurch, Hampshire.