Found in 4945 Collections and/or Records:
Collection of professional photographs, each 90 x 70 mm, published for the Yass Newsagency by the Valentine Publishing Co. Pty. Ltd., Sydney and Melbourne. Yass is 43 miles north of Canberra. Its population in 1947 was 3254.
200 x 145 mm. Showing an orchard of apple trees, with man holding a child in right foreground, (probably J Wheatley).
200 x 145 mm. A close-up of a small pile of apples.
217 x 167 mm. A view of the Post Office from Victoria Square, with trees and shrubs in the foreground.
178 x 98 mm. A view looking out across the lawn of Government House towards the Derwent, with a three-masted ship in the river and more shipping berthed in the bay beneath Government House.
260 x 189 mm. A view showing a tree-lined pathway in the outer Domain with women and children siting in the shade. The outer Domain is the southern half of the open land south of the Botanic Gardens.
204 x 156 mm. A view looking up from a jetty at the water’s edge, towards the long low building of the abattoir. These abattoirs were situated on the Pyrmont side of the Glebe Island Bridge, and can be seen to the north of the bridge in Plate 24.
216 x 270 mm. A view looking out over the dense forest of the Jamieson Valley from the top of the Weatherboard (Wentworth) Falls.
157 x 203 mm. A similar view to the plate 34, but from a slightly different angle, and with the view no longer obstructed by trees.
42 page memoir.
200 x 150 mm. A general view over the town, with cultivated plots between many of the houses. York lies about 60 miles east of Perth.
140 x 195 mm. Head and shoulders portrait. The photograph is marked 'Andrew 120.'
190 x 140 mm. A coastal scene, with trees almost to the water's edge and a rowing boat with three men aboard.
285 x 230 mm. A view of the beach, with canoes and two children on the beach. Elevala Island in the harbour fills most of the horizon.
[Crowd standing on the platform].
190 x 140 mm. A view of the Lithgow zigzag, a spectacular piece of railway engineering by John Whitton, on the descent from the Blue Mountains. The viaducts, opened in 1869 and cut through heavy rock, allowed the railway to descend on a gradient of 1 in 42 by three parallel sweeps across the face of the ravine. The zigzags were replaced by tunnels in 1910.
178 x 110 mm. A view of the Lithgow Zig-Zag, a massive piece of railway engineering by John Whitton, which enabled the railways to descend on the far side of the Blue Mountains on the Western Line from Sydney. These viaducts were opened in 1869.