Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Map of King George’s Islands, 1774-04
Reference Code: GBR/0180/RGO 14/58: 104b
Scope and Contents
So called by Commodore Byron, 1765, and seen by Captain Cook in the Resolution, 1774. Taoukaá and a second, unnamed island are shown, along with a plot of the ship’s course. The latitude and east and west longitude from Greenwich are indicated in the border. Signed by William Wales.
Conditions Governing Access: From the Management Group: Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).