Showing Collections: 1 - 24 of 24
Albert Ingham: Papers
The principal part of the collection comprises two copies of The distribution of prime numbers: a manuscript version of 274 pages, and a printed version produced by Cambridge University Press, containing inserted notes. The rest of the collection is comprised of correspondence and a photograph of G.H. Hardy.
Charles Babbage: mathematical and scientific notebooks and papers
(p. 1) blank; (p. vii) title page; (p. viii) blank; (p. ix) prefaratory verses; (p. 1) text, with numerous diagrams; (p. 378) blank. Wanting last leaf of text. Unprinted. inside front cover: bookplate of 'SLL'. On p. 177 there is a ref. to John Ward's Young Mathematician's Guide, first published 1707.
Correspondence of Edward Arthur Milne with officers of the Cambridge University Natural Science Club, with related correspondence and a report
A manuscript comprising Computus Ecclesiasticus, Introductio ad Geographiam, Tractatus de Sphoera, Epitome Astronomia, and Astrolabium sev. Plani-Sphaerium.
Edmund Hopkinson: Notes on Nicholas Saunderson's Lectures
Covers mechanicks, hydrostaticks, pneumaticks, sounds, opticks, the rainbow, astronomy and tides.
Edward Hubert Linfoot: Correspondence and Papers
The collection is comprised of biographical papers, wartime and post-war research files (including research papers relating to work on Meniscus Schmidt and related optical systems), papers concerning work for consultancies on the design of optical systems for commercial and other organisations, and drafts and related correspondence regarding publications, lectures and conferences.
Francis John Welsh Whipple: Notes and Papers
Observations, notes and drafts, with related correspondence.
Godfrey Harold Hardy: Mathematical Papers
Drafts for publication in the hand of Hardy.
Herbert Westren Turnbull: Notebooks and Papers
Notebooks, correspondence and notes on mathematical subjects.
Jagat Kautuka Kalpavallī
A collection of mathematical and logical problems given in their original Sanskrit with an (Indian) English translation and striking, well executed black and white and grey wash illustrations.
James Clerk Maxwell: Correspondence and papers
Correspondence, drafts of articles and books, notes and miscellaneous papers. The main body of papers dates from Maxwell's undergraduate years at Edinburgh University beginning in 1847, until his death in 1879. Earlier and later items relate to family papers that have accrued to the collection, though these are not extensive.)
Long: the papers of Roger Long
The collection consists of Roger Long's Commonplace Books and notebooks as well as posthumous material collected by the College.
A series of mathematical rules, examples and sums, 68 folios. Inside the front cover: 'I.B.S. 15 of March 1825 St. Hiliers, Jersey'.
Nicholas Saunderson: A Treatise of Fluxions
fo. 5: shorthand note in pencil; fo. 5v: diagram; fo. 1: 'John Hall, Bought Clerk's Sale 1833.' Text written on every other leaf, alternate leaves either carrying diagrams or left blank. Printed as pp. vii-128 of Saunderson's Method of Fluxions, London, 1756.
Sir George Gabriel Stokes: Miscellaneous Papers
Sir Joseph John Thomson: Correspondence and Papers
Srinivasa Ramanujan: letters to G.H. Hardy
With a covering letter from Hardy to A.F. Scholfield, Librarian.
The Papers of Jeremy Bray
The Papers of Professor David Kendall
This small collection mostly relates to Kendall's research and work on mathematical statistics. There are also some personal research papers about the mountaineer Rev. Charles Hudson.
The Papers of Professor Max Born
Papers and correspondence of Professor Max Born, his wife and children, and material concerning their family history. Including photographs and artefacts.
The Papers of Sir Hermann Bondi
William Fleetwood Sheppard: mathematical papers
Mathematical tables and notes on equations.
William Frend: Correspondence and Transcripts.
- Subject: Mathematics X
- Cambridge University Library 19
- Churchill Archives Centre 4
- Pembroke College Library 1
- ARCHON code (for CUL materials)
- Archives and MSS Dept. (GBR/0012) 19
- Astronomy 4
- Physics 4
- Science 3
- Education 2
- Examinations 2
- Lectures 2
- Natural sciences 2
- Politics 2
- Arithmetic 1
- Austria 1
- Cambridge 1
- China 1
- Economic policy 1
- Economics 1
- Engineering 1
- England 1
- Geography 1
- Germany 1
- Government 1
- Hong Kong 1
- India 1
- Industrial policy 1
- Logic 1
- Meteorites 1
- Meteorology 1
- Optics 1
- Religion 1
- Research 1
- Scandinavia 1
- Scientific innovations 1
- Scotland 1
- Statistics 1
- Switzerland 1
- Travel 1
- Unitarianism 1
- Universities 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Latin 1
- Hardy, Godfrey Harold, 1877-1947 (mathematician) 3
- Babbage, Charles, 1791-1871 (mathematician) 2
- Ramanujan, Srinivasa Aiyangar, 1887-1920 (mathematician) 2
- Saunderson, Nicholas, 1682-1739 (mathematician) 2
- Trinity College, Cambridge 2
- Baden-Powell, Sir George Smyth, 1847-1898 (Knight, author and politician) 1
- Blackett, Patrick Maynard Stuart, 1897 - 1974 (Baron Blackett, physicist) 1
- Bondi, Hermann, Sir, 1919 - 2005 (Knight, mathematician, astronomer) 1
- Bragg, Sir William Henry, 1862-1942 (knight, physicist) 1
- Bray, Jeremy William, 1930 - 2002 (politician, mathematician) 1
- Brisbane, Sir Thomas Makdougall, 1773-1860 (baronet, colonial governor and astronomer) 1
- Broun, John Allan, 1817-1879 (physicist and meteorologist) 1
- Churchill College 1
- Frend, William, 1757-1841 (unitarian reformer and scientific writer) 1
- Great Britain Board of Invention and Research 1
- Ingham, Albert Edward, 1900-1967 (mathematician) 1
- Kendall, David George, 1918 - 2007 (Professor of Mathematical Statistics) 1
- Keynes, Sir Geoffrey Langdon, 1887-1982 (Knight, surgeon and bibliophile) 1
- Labour Party 1
- Larmor, Sir Joseph, 1857-1942 (Knight, theoretical physicist) 1
- Linfoot, Edward Hubert, 1905-1982 (mathematician and astronomer) 1
- Littlewood, John Edensor, 1885-1977 (mathematician) 1
- Long, Roger, 1680-1770 (vicar and astronomer) 1
- Maxwell, James Clerk, 1831-1879 (Professor, scientist, physicist) 1
- Milne, Edward Arthur, 1896 - 1950 (mathematician) 1
- Richardson, Lewis Fry, 1881-1953 (mathematician and pacifist) 1
- Roughton, Francis John Worsley, 1899-1972 (physiologist) 1
- Royal Society 1
- Sheppard, William Fleetwood, 1863-1936 (mathematician) 1
- Stokes, Sir George Gabriel, 1819-1903 (1st Baronet and physicist) 1
- Thomson, Sir Joseph John, 1856-1940 (Knight, physicist) 1
- Triveṅgaḍācārya (fl 1821) poet 1
- Turnbull, Herbert Westren, 1885-1961 (mathematician) 1
- University of Cambridge, Cavendish Laboratory 1
- Welsh, John, 1824-1859 (meteorologist) 1
- Whipple, Francis John Welsh, 1876-1943 (meteorologist) 1
- Whyte, Lancelot Law, 1896 - 1972 (financier and industrial engineer) 1 ∧ less