Francis John Welsh Whipple: Notes and Papers
Scope and Contents
Observations, notes and drafts, with related correspondence.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 archive box(es) (1 box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented by Mr R.T.P. Whipple, only son of F.J.W. Whipple, 1975.
- Bragg, Sir William Henry, 1862-1942 (knight, physicist)
- Brisbane, Sir Thomas Makdougall, 1773-1860 (baronet, colonial governor and astronomer)
- Broun, John Allan, 1817-1879 (physicist and meteorologist)
- Richardson, Lewis Fry, 1881-1953 (mathematician and pacifist)
- Welsh, John, 1824-1859 (meteorologist)
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com