Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Memoirs of the Preparation of the Home Office War Book by Ronald Wells
Wells describes his role in the compilation and maintenance of the Home Office War Book. He also relates anecdotes about key figures such as Warren Fisher as well as staff including Sir Joseph Ball and Lawrence Burgis.
The Papers of Lord Duncan-Sandys
The material covers much of Lord Duncan-Sandys public life. Papers, reports and correspondence document the ministries in which he served and there are also constituency correspondence, speeches, publications, press cuttings and photographs. A number of papers exist relating to his involvement in the campaign to restore Capital Punishment, the European Movement and the Civic Trust.
The Papers of Sir Francis Floud
The collection is made up largely of press cuttings, speeches and papers relating to Floud's 33 years at the Board of Agriculture (later the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries) and his time as High Commissioner in Canada (1934-1938).
The Papers of Sir Michael Franklin
The collection relates primarily to Sir Michael’s involvement with policy on Europe. It includes his diaries from 1961-4, and a memoir of his time at the Cabinet Office from 1977-81. This memoir was written by Sir Michael in retirement.
- Subject: Government departments X
- Second World War (1939-1945) 2
- Agriculture 1
- Civil service 1
- Diplomacy 1
- East West relations 1
- Economic policy 1
- Foreign policy 1
- France 1
- Government policy 1
- Intergovernmental organizations 1
- International relations 1
- Russia 1
- Warfare 1
- Western Europe 1 ∧ less
- Churchill, Winston Leonard Spencer, Sir, 1874 - 1965 (Knight, statesman and historian) 1
- Floud, Francis Lewis Castle, Sir, 1875 - 1965 (Knight, civil servant) 1
- Franklin, Michael David Milroy, Sir, 1927 - 2019 (Knight, Civil Servant) 1
- Sandys, Duncan Edwin Duncan (1908-1987, Baron Duncan-Sandys, politician) 1
- Soames, Arthur Christopher John, 1920 - 1987 (Baron Soames of Fletching, politician) 1