Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The papers of A V Alexander include personal papers; parliamentary and political papers and correspondence; material relating to the Protestant movement and the Co-operative movement; literary material (including speech notes), plus film and photographic material.
The collection held at Churchill Archives Centre comprises Barker's personal and naval papers, particularly on his service in the South Atlantic.
"Britain, America and the Search for Comprehensive Naval Limitation, 1927-36" is Dr Hall's thesis which examines the regulation of naval competition between the major naval powers, particularly Britain and the United States, in the period 1927 - 1936.
The collection primarily consists of papers relating to Adams' involvement with submarine warfare and includes papers on anti-submarine warfare and the Admiralty underwater weapons establishment.
Papers and correspondence relating to his books on World War II. The papers are mostly organised round the different books that Ronald Lewin published and, for the most part, comprise correspondence with Lewin or his notes from interviews with people who were colleagues of the military leaders about whom he wrote or who worked in operations he was describing.
The material held at Churchill Archives Centre mainly consists of Colville's diaries. They provide an insight into the decision-making of three Prime Ministers and the meetings held with other top officials, as well as the lives of key figures during World War II, and its aftermath.
The collection of material held at Churchill Archives Centre relates to the preparation of the documentary and includes research notes and correspondence; transcripts and videotapes of interviews, film footage and of the documentary.
- Naval personnel 4
- Second World War (1939-1945) 4
- Armed forces 2
- Government policy 2
- Politics 2
- Colonial countries 1
- Diplomacy 1
- First World War (1914-1918) 1
- Foreign policy 1
- International relations 1
- Literature 1
- Military strategy 1
- Monarchy 1
- Norway 1
- Western Europe 1 ∧ less
- Adams, John Harold, 1918 - 2008 (Rear-Admiral) 1
- Alexander, Albert Victor, 1885 - 1965 (1st Earl Alexander of Hillsborough, politician) 1
- Barker, Nicholas John, 1933 - 1997 (Captain Royal Navy) 1
- Buist, Colin, 1896 - 1981 (Commander Royal Navy) 1
- Channel 4 Television 1
- Churchill College 1
- Churchill, Winston Leonard Spencer, Sir, 1874 - 1965 (Knight, statesman and historian) 1
- Colville, John Rupert, Sir, 1915 - 1987 (Knight, civil servant) 1
- Hall, Christopher G L (b ? 1950, post - graduate in naval history) 1
- Lewin, George Ronald, 1914 - 1984 (military historian) 1
- Selborne, William Waldegrave Palmer, 1859 - 1942 (2nd Earl of Selborne) 1 ∧ less