Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 35
Cabinet Office Indexes to Prime Minister's Speeches in the House of Commons
The collection chiefly consists of indexes to Prime Minister's speeches in the House of Commons, but also includes an index to pledges made by the Prime Minister and an index to Prime Minister's parliamentary questions.
Images of the paintings of Sir Winston Churchill as used in the publication "Sir Winston Churchill's Life Through his Paintings" by David Coombs with Minnie S. Churchill (Pegasus, Limpsfield, Surrey, 2003).
Comprising a collection of pamphlets featuring speeches, articles or other text by Sir Winston Churchill.
Churchill Press Cuttings
This is a large and comprehensive collection of press cuttings covering Sir Winston Churchill's political activities from Dec 1919 and also includes references to him after his death.
Churchill Press Photographs
Photographs of WSC throughout his career.
Other Deposited Collections Relating to Sir Winston Churchill
The Broadwater Collection
The Conference Diaries of Flight Sergeant G. Green
This collection consists of notebooks containing diaries of the Atlantic Meeting, Washington, Quebec, Cairo and Yalta conferences. Green tends to record events from his own day but when relevant these include encounters with Churchill and other key figures.
The Papers of Charles Eade
The collection relates to Charles Eade's connection with Sir Winston Churchill. It includes Eade's diary of meetings with Sir Winston; biographical material about Sir Winston and Sir Winston's own speaking notes for his speech made on 20 June 1940 which Churchill gave to Charles Eade.
The Papers of Clementine Ogilvy Spencer-Churchill, Baroness Spencer-Churchill of Chartwell
The Papers of Commander John Owen
The papers chiefly consist of letters from Churchill to Owen while Owen was working as naval historical adviser to Churchill. All letters are typed, one has an extra hand-written paragraph. There are also a number of hand-written letters from Admiral of the Fleet Sir Roger Keyes.
The Papers of Denis Kelly
The papers mainly consist of Kelly's recollections of his work for Churchill, in the form of memoirs and other papers, taped interviews, and in correspondence, particularly with Churchill's official biographer, Sir Martin Gilbert. There is also a small amount of correspondence dating back to Kelly's time as Churchill's literary assistant and two volumes of Winston Churchill's, "The Second World War" heavily annotated by Kelly, presumably for his own abridged version of these volumes.
The Papers of Evan Davies
Log book, copy letters and photographs.
The Papers of Fladgate and Company
Papers and correspondence from Sir Winston Churchill's solicitors, chiefly Anthony Moir, mainly relating to the initial cataloguing of Churchill's archive by the Public Record Office and rights in his literary works. The archive also includes two commemorative albums put together by Moir, reflecting his time with Churchill.
The Papers of Grace Hamblin
This small collection of papers comprises Grace Hamblin's notes for speeches about her work for Sir Winston Churchill and his family. She recalls getting her position as secretary and what it was like to work for Churchill. Churchill Archives Centre also owns Grace Hamblin's OBE which is on permanent loan to the National Trust, Chartwell.
The Papers of Jack Le Vien
The collection includes correspondence, papers and photographs relating mainly to the films made by Le Vien based on Churchill's war memoirs.
The Papers of Katharine Broome
Scrapbook and later memoir from Mrs Broome's time with the Churchills.
The Papers of Lady Soames
The Papers of Lawrence Burgis
The Papers of Lord Duncan-Sandys
The material covers much of Lord Duncan-Sandys public life. Papers, reports and correspondence document the ministries in which he served and there are also constituency correspondence, speeches, publications, press cuttings and photographs. A number of papers exist relating to his involvement in the campaign to restore Capital Punishment, the European Movement and the Civic Trust.
The Papers of Miss Vanda Salmon
The main body of the collection is a series of personal scrapbooks collated and kept by Miss Salmon. These are supplemented by her own unpublished writings and memoirs.
The Papers of Nina, Lady Onslow
The collection chiefly compiles Lady Onslow's personal letters written to her parents and sister "Jim" from her travels in Churchill's service. They provide first hand evidence of her experiences and include lively recollections of Churchill, descriptions of her work and colleagues, and descriptions of journeys, accommodation and surroundings. The letters are supplemented by a small number of photographs and other mementos.
The Papers of Oscar Nemon
The Papers of Patrick Kinna
Includes papers and photographs of the various visits and conferences which Kinna attended with Churchill, newspapers and magazines from the war and afterwards, mainly relating to Churchill, and recordings made by Ernest Bevin.
- Second World War (1939-1945) 10
- Journalism 3
- Photographs 3
- Diplomacy 2
- Foreign policy 2
- Government policy 2
- International relations 2
- Literature 2
- Monarchy 2
- Politics 2
- Western Europe 2
- Armed forces 1
- Arts 1
- Civil defence 1
- Colonial countries 1
- Dardanelles campaign (1915-1916) 1
- Defence 1
- Economic policy 1
- Family 1
- Fascism 1
- Films 1
- First World War (1914-1918) 1
- Food 1
- France 1
- Germany 1
- Government departments 1
- History 1
- Households 1
- India 1
- Industrial development 1
- Industrial policy 1
- Intelligence 1
- Marriage 1
- Military operations 1
- Naval personnel 1
- Paintings 1
- Police 1
- Press 1
- Speeches 1
- State security 1
- Trade unions 1
- Visual arts 1
- War crimes 1
- Warfare 1
- Yugoslavia 1 ∧ less
- Danish 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- French 1
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Swedish 1 ∧ less
- Churchill, Clementine Ogilvy Spencer (1885-1977, née Hozier, Baroness Spencer-Churchill of Chartwell) 6
- Churchill, Randolph Frederick Edward Spencer, 1911 - 1968 (politician, author) 2
- Gilbert, Martin John, Sir, 1936 - 2015 (Knight, historian) 2
- Royal Navy 2
- Soames, Mary, Dame, 1922 - 2014 (née Churchill, writer, wife of Baron Soames) 2
- Army 1
- Astor, Nancy, 1879 - 1964 (née Langhorne, Viscountess Astor, politician) 1
- Broome, Katharine (b c1932, née Anderson, cook to Sir Winston and Lady Churchill) 1
- Burgis, Lawrence Franklin, 1892 - 1972 (civil servant) 1
- Chartwell Manor 1
- Churchill College 1
- Churchill, John, 1650 - 1722 (1st Duke of Marlborough, general and statesman) 1
- Colville, John Rupert, Sir, 1915 - 1987 (Knight, civil servant) 1
- Conservative Party 1
- Courtenay, William, 1896 - 1960 (journalist) 1
- Davies, Evan Morydd, 1917 (police officer) 1
- Deakin, Frederick William Dampier, Sir, 1913 - 2005 (Knight and literary assistant to Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill) 1
- Eade, Charles Stanley, 1903 - 1964 (journalist and newspaper editor) 1
- Fladgate and Company 1
- Green, Geoffrey, 1919 (Flight Sergeant, Clerk) 1
- Hallett, John Hughes (1901-1972, Vice-Admiral) 1
- Hamblin, Grace Ellen, 1908 - 2002 (secretary to Sir Winston Churchill) 1
- Hankey, Maurice Pascal Alers, 1877 - 1963 (Lord Hankey of the Chart, civil servant) 1
- Hardy, Russell, c1900 - 1982 (theatrical impresario) 1
- Kelly, Richard Denis Lucien, 1916 - 1990 (lawyer, assistant to Sir Winston Churchill) 1
- Keyes, Roger John Brownlow, 1872 - 1945 (1st Baron Keyes of Zeebrugge and of Dover, Admiral of the Fleet) 1
- Kinna, Patrick Francis, 1913 - 2009 (Private Secretary to Winston Churchill) 1
- Liberal Party 1
- Marsh, Edward Howard, Sir, 1872 - 1953 (Knight, public servant and patron of the arts) 1
- Moir, Anthony F (b c 1900-1967, solicitor) 1
- Nemon, Oscar, 1906 - 1985 (sculptor) 1
- Onslow, Nina Edith, 1922 - 2006 (née Sturdee, 2nd wife of 6th Earl of Onslow and Private Secretary to Sir Winston Churchill) 1
- Owen, John Hely, 1890 - 1970 (Naval Commander) 1
- Royal Air Force 1
- Salmon, Vanda Heather (b c 1925-2009, secretary) 1
- Sandys, Duncan Edwin Duncan (1908-1987, Baron Duncan-Sandys, politician) 1
- Soames, Arthur Christopher John, 1920 - 1987 (Baron Soames of Fletching, politician) 1
- Thatcher, Margaret Hilda, 1925 - 2013 (née Roberts, Baroness Thatcher of Kesteven, Prime Minister) 1
- Tuchet, Sarah Millicent Hermione, 1914 - 1982 (Lady Audley, née Churchill, actress and writer) 1
- Vien, John Douglas Le, 1918 - 1999 (film maker) 1 ∧ less