King George VI and President Roosevelt 1939
Scope and Contents
250 x 122 mm. Framed and glazed photograph. In May-June 1939 H.M. King George VI and H.M. Queen Elizabeth visited Canada, and included a four-day visit to the U.S.A. This photograph, taken after Divine Service at St. James Church, Hyde Park shows Rev. A.R. Smith, Rev. G. Kidd, Queen Elizabeth, King George VI, President Roosevelt (unusually, standing) with his eldest son, his mother, and his wife, and Mackenzie King, Prime Minister of Canada, who accompanied the King during his visit to the U.S.A.
- 1939-05 - 1939-06
- Arax Studio (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Biographical / Historical
Based in Poughkeepsie, New York State. No further information is available.
1 item(s) (1 image)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
This collection level description was entered by SG using information from the original typescript catalogue.
- Dutchess (county)
- Elizabeth, 1900 - 2002 (née Bowes-Lyon, Queen Consort of George VI)
- George, VI, 1895 - 1952 (King of Great Britain and Ireland)
- Hyde Park (inhabited place)
- King, William Lyon Mackenzie, 1874 - 1950 (Canadian statesman)
- New York (state)
- North and Central America (continent)
- Roosevelt, Franklin Delano, 1884 - 1945 (President of the United States)
- United States (nation)
- 2003-12-08 09:07:06+00:00
- Language of description
- Script of description