Sir James Stephen: Papers
Scope and Contents
Includes correspondence of Stephen and papers relating to a life of Stephen written by Dr. Evelyn Christian Martin.
- 1807-1953 (Circa)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
2 archive box(es) (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
There is a card index of personal name entries for original letters in the Manuscripts Reading Room.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented by Prof. G.S. Graham, King's College, London, 1970.
- Church Missionary Society
- Colonial administration
- Colonial countries
- Gladstone, William Ewart, 1809-1898 (Prime Minister)
- Grant, Charles, 1778-1866 (Baron Glenelg, politician)
- Grey, Henry George, 1802-1894 (3rd Earl Grey, statesman)
- South Africa
- Stanley, Edward George Geoffrey Smith, 1799-1869 (14th Earl of Derby, prime minister)
- Stephen, Sir James Fitzjames, 1829-1894 (1st Baronet, judge)
- Stephen, Sir James, 1789-1859 (Knight, civil servant)
- West Indies
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com