Correspondence and papers on the education and early career of Charles Ryle Fay (1884-1961), economic historian.
Scope and Contents
The letters and papers catalogued below were preserved by C. R. Fay's father, who pasted them into an unused copy of Smith's commercial scribbling diary for 1902; Mr Fay adopted a generally chronological arrangement, but does not seem to have felt himself to be bound strictly by this. Many of the documents are addressed to the elder Fay, and the collection can be regarded as being as much the papers of the father as of the son.
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 volume(s) (1 volume paper) : paper
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The volume was presented to King's College Library by C.R. Fay in 1943, but was transferred almost immediately to the University Library.
- Bonar, James, 1852-1941 (civil servant and economist)
- Brooke, Alan England, 1863-1939 (biblical scholar and college head)
- Browning, Oscar, 1837-1923 (historian and educational reformer)
- Bury, John Bagnell, 1861-1927 (classical scholar and historian)
- Chavasse, Francis James, 1846-1928 (bishop of Liverpool)
- Dickinson, Goldsworthy Lowes, 1862-1932 (humanist, historian and philosopher)
- Hartog, Sir Philip Joseph, 1864-1947 (Knight, educationalist)
- James, Montague Rhodes, 1862-1936 (biblical scholar, antiquary and palaeographer)
- Jones, Emily Elizabeth Constance, 1848-1922 (philosopher and college head)
- Keynes, Florence Ada, 1861-1958 (née Brown, social and political activist)
- Keynes, John Neville, 1852-1949 (logician, economist and university administrator)
- King's College, Cambridge
- Macaulay, William Herrick, 1853-1936 (mathematician)
- Mackinder, Sir Halford John, 1861-1947 (Knight, geographer and politician)
- Merchant Taylors' School, Crosby
- Pigou, Arthur Cecil, 1877-1959 (economist)
- Reeves, William Pember, 1857-1932 (journalist, politician and economist)
- Roberts, Ernest Stewart, 1847-1912 (classicist, academic administrator and college head)
- Stratford, Esmé Cecil Wingfield-, 1882-1971 (historian)
- Language of description
- Script of description