Stephen Family: Letters and Papers
Scope and Contents
Includes correspondence, some from India, an autobiography and essays.
- 1828-1907 (Circa)
- Stephen family (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
2 archive box(es) (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented by Miss D.J. Stephen, 1953.
- Carlyle, Thomas, 1795-1881 (essayist and historian)
- Kitchin, George William, 1827-1912 (scholar and Dean of Durham)
- Lytton, Edward Robert Bulwer-, 1831-1891 (1st Earl of Lytton, viceroy of India and poet)
- Mill, John Stuart, 1806-1873 (MP, philosopher)
- Stephen, James Kenneth, 1859-1892 (poet)
- Stephen, Sir George, 1794-1879 (Knight, lawyer and slavery abolitionist)
- Stephen, Sir James Fitzjames, 1829-1894 (1st Baronet, judge)
- Stephen, Sir James, 1789-1859 (Knight, civil servant)
- Stephen, Sir Leslie, 1832-1904 (Knight, author)
- Venables, George Stovin, 1810-1888 (barrister and journalist)
- Language of description
- Script of description