Correspondence and speeches, 1910 - 1980
Scope and Contents
A miscellaneous collection of papers relating to Frank Dyson:
1. Envelope containing letters to Dyson from W.H.M. Christie, 9 September 1910, A. Montagu Butler, 9 September 1910, and James [ ], 12 September 1910, regarding Dyson's appointment as Astronomer Royal.
2. Undated photocopy of a letter from Dyson, Weld Club, Perth, W. Australia, to his wife Carrie, 2-3 August 1914.
3. Printed booklet containing Latin pieces assigned to various individuals, including Dyson, relating to the gathering at the Senate House, Cambridge University, 4 June 1929.
4. Undated photocopy of a typed speech on religion and science.
5. Sketch of Albert Einstein's head.
- 1910 - 1980
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 envelope(s) (1 envelope)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposited by Watson Dyson via N.M.M., October 1979 - June 1980.
Finding aid date
- From the Series: Dyson, Frank Watson, Sir, 1868 - 1939 (Knight, astronomer) (Person)