Records of the New Museums Club, 1891 - 1951
Scope and Contents
Records in this category - Minutes of University associations and clubs, occasionally with related records - cover staff social and trades union associations, University fund-raising bodies and research groups, and student clubs.
- 1891 - 1951
Conditions Governing Access
The University Archives are generally freely available to the holder of a reader's ticket for the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR. Restrictions on access are imposed on certain categories of sensitive record: financial, governmental and personal, by order of the originating body or under data protection legislation. Access information, including opening hours and how to obtain a reader's ticket, appears as part of the Library's web site (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
Biographical / Historical
This was an association for University assistants, originally from the laboratories and workshops on the New Museums and Downing Sites. In 1944, it evolved into the Association of Cambridge University Assistants.
0.5 linear metre(s) : paper, plastic and cotton ribbon
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The records were transferred to the University Archives on permanent loan by Mr John Green, ACUA, on 23 Apr. 1975; Mr G.L.N. Dunn, ACUA, on 2 May 1980; Miss Mary Thatcher, Fitzwilliam College, 30 Mar. 1990.
New Museums Club
Finding aid date