Correspondence: Erasmus Darwin and opals, Apr. 1913-Jun 1914
Scope and Contents
Letters and related papers re purchase, valuation, disposal and sale of opals by Erasmus Darwin in 1913-1914. Includes a valuation and catalogue of the stones, and letters from Nora Barlow, Kenneth and Clive Cookson, Thomas McKenny Hughes, Frederick Stirling Newall and Margaret Newall, all of whom expressed an interest in acquiring some of the stones.
- Apr. 1913-Jun 1914
Conditions Governing Access
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
1 folder(s) (1 folder)
Language of Materials
- Barlow, Lady Emma Nora, 1885-1989 (née Darwin, botanist and geneticist) (Person)
- Darwin, Erasmus, 1881-1915 (company secretary) (Person)
- Cookson, Clive, 1879-1971 (industrialist) (Person)
- Cookson, Kenneth, c.1882-1963 (lead manufacturer) (Person)
- Hughes, Thomas McKenny, 1832-1917 (geologist) (Person)
- Newall, Frederick Stirling, d.1932 (industrialist) (Person)
- Newall, Susanna Margaret, 1850-1930 (née Arnold, painist and wife of Hugh Frank Newall) (Person)