Green correspondence files, 1932-1941
Scope and Contents
Selected semi-official, private and confidential, and other letters of Jardine, Matheson & Co. Ltd regarding particular subjects, with related papers. The principal correspondents are B.D.F. Beith; D.G.M. Bernard; Butterfield & Swire; W.C. Cassels; A.L. Davidson; W.S. Dupree; V.M. Grayburn; J.H. Keswick; W.J. Keswick; D.F. Landale; Lowe, Bingham & Matthews; E.R. Morriss; D.L. Newbigging; J.F. Owen; J.J. Paterson; F.A. Pollock and J.C. Taylor.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
38 folder(s) (38 folders)
1 envelope(s) (1 envelope)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Found among the uncatalogued papers in the archive.
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Bernard, Sir Dallas Gerald Mercer, 1888-1975 (1st Baronet, businessman)
- Butterfield and Swire
- Dupree, William Sherlock, 1881-1975 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- Newbigging, David Locke, 1896-1948 (businessman)
- Owen, John Featherstone, b 1889 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Taylor, John Cameron, 1890-1950 (businessman)