Private and confidential letters from Hong Kong to Shanghai, 1945-1954
Scope and Contents
Copies of private and confidential letters from Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, to Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, with related letters and papers. The correspondents are T. Beesley, R. Gordon, J.H. Keswick, D.F. Landale, H.H. Lennox, J.J. Paterson, F.A. Pollock, A.W. Robson and E.F. Watts.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
2 file(s) (2 ring-binders)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 14 December 2012.
Existence and Location of Copies
J4/9 includes copies of many of the letters.
- Beesley, Thomas, b 1905
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Robson, Arthur Walker, 1900-1956 (businessman)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)