Property letters from London to Shanghai, 8 Dec. 1945-31 Aug. 1951
Scope and Contents
Copies of property letters from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, to Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, with some enclosed letters and papers:
1. Letters nos P.1-2 from W.J. Keswick to H.H. Lennox, 8-10 December 1945.
2. Letters no P.3-28 from W.J. Keswick (mainly) and J.F. Owen to J.H. Keswick, 6 May-31 December 1946.
3. Letters nos P.29-41 from W.J. Keswick (mainly), J.F. Owen and W.E.D. Smith to J.H. Keswick, 2 January-30 December 1947.
4. Letters nos P.42-47 from W.J. Keswick to J.H. Keswick, 4 February-21 October 1949.
5. Letters nos P.48-52 from W.J. Keswick to H.H. Lennox, 4 May-31 August 1951.
The subjects covered include the Boissezon property; Dr John Falconer's Trust; Falconer Estate; Hankow properties; Hogg properties; Howard Estate; Nos 272 and 274 Hungjao Road; No. 502 Hungjao Road; Sir J.W.B. Jardine's properties; Mrs Helen McBain; Paterson family's Woosung land; Henry Whistler; and the Whistler Estate, Hankow.
- 8 Dec. 1945-31 Aug. 1951
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 17 April 2012.
Existence and Location of Copies
J2/27 and J2/36 contain copies of all the letters, with the exception of no. P.1 of 1945.
The file is not numbered.