Property correspondence between Hong Kong and London, Taipei and Tokyo, 1957
Scope and Contents
Property correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, and Jardine Matheson, Taipei and Tokyo, and Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, with enclosed letters and papers:
1. Copies of letters nos P.1-5 from H.D.M. Barton and I.D. Bruce, Hong Kong, to I.F. Aucott, Tokyo, 4 February-9 August 1957.
2. Original letters nos P.1-6 from I.F. Aucott, Tokyo, to H.D.M. Barton, Hong Kong, 30 January-5 September 1957.
The subjects covered include 20 Asahi-dai; 32 Asahi-dai; Hakuraku; Lot 22, Yamashita-cho, Yokohama; and the Mikage houses.
1. Copies of letters nos P.1-3 from H.D.M. Barton and D.C. Geddes, Hong Kong, to W.J. Keswick, London, 14 August 1957, 16 August 1957 and 3 September 1957. No. 3 was originally semi-official letter no. 656, but was renumbered subsequently.
2. Original letters nos P.210-212 from W.J. Keswick, London, to H.D.M. Barton, Hong Kong, 30 July 1957, 21 August 1957 and 17 September 1957.
The subjects covered include East Point property and Yokohama property.
1. Copies of letters nos P.2-6 from H.D.M. Barton and I.D. Bruce, Hong Kong, to B.E. Bolton, Taipei, 28 February-23 July 1957.
2. Original letters nos P.1-9 from B.E. Bolton, Taipei, to H.D.M. Barton, Hong Kong, 26 February-24 July 1957.
The subjects covered include the Hong Site - Taipei; Keelung property; and Tamsui building land.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 29 September 2011.
Existence and Location of Copies
J2/46/2 contains copies of the property letters from Hong Kong to Tokyo.
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org