Property correspondence between Hong Kong and Canton, Swatow, Tokyo and Yokohama, 1947
Scope and Contents
Property correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, and Jardine Matheson, Canton, Swatow, Tokyo and Yokohama, with enclosed letters and papers.
1. Original letters nos P.1-10 from A. Wright, Canton, to D.F. Landale, Hong Kong, 18 November-23 December 1947.
2. Copies of letters nos P.1-8 from D.F. Landale, Hong Kong, to A. Wright, Canton, 12 November-31 December 1947.
The subjects covered include the Agent's House, Shameen; Airways Department; and the Tai Cheung Hau property.
1. Copies of letters nos P.1-10 from D.F. Landale, Hong Kong, to M.J. Henderson, Swatow, 16 July-16 December 1947.
2. Original letters nos P.1-6 from M.J. Henderson, Swatow, to D.F. Landale, Hong Kong, 26 July-27 December 1947.
The subjects covered include godowns; Kakchioh bungalow; Lot 117; Lot 140; registration of property; and the Takee Jetty.
TOKYO & YOKOHAMA
1. Copies of letters nos P.1 from D.F. Landale to M.L. Railton, Yokohama, 7 October 1947, and P.2-5 from Landale to Railton, Tokyo, 31 October-16 December 1947.
2. Original letters nos P.1-5 from M.L. Railton, Tokyo, to D.F. Landale, Hong Kong, 9 November-22 December 1947, with an outline specification of the proposed Jardine Matheson office building and godowns at Kobe.
The subjects covered include No. 19, The Bluff; Canadian Pacific Railway Co. property; Kobe property; the Negishi property; Société Immobilière de Shanghai; Yamashita Cho; and Yokohama property.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 volume(s) (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 29 September 2011.
Existence and Location of Copies
J2/46/1 contains copies of the property letters from Hong Kong to Tokyo.