Property correspondence between Hong Kong, London and Shanghai, 1945-1949
Scope and Contents
Property correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong, Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, and Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, with enclosed letters and papers. The correspondents are R. Gordon, J.H. Keswick, W.J. Keswick, D.F. Landale, H.H. Lennox, J.F. Owen, J.J. Paterson, F.A. Pollock, W.E.D. Smith and J.C. Taylor.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
2 volume(s) (2 volumes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 29 September 2011.
Existence and Location of Copies
J2/44 contains copies of the property letters from Hong Kong to Shanghai; J2/51 contains copies of the property letters from Shanghai to Hong Kong.
- Gordon, Robert, 1900-1965 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir John Henry, 1906-1982 (Knight, businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- Landale, David Fortune, 1905-1970 (businessman)
- Lennox, Henry Hutchison, 1891-1958 (businessman)
- Owen, John Featherstone, b 1889 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Smith, William Elder Drummond, 1892-1957 (businessman)
- Taylor, John Cameron, 1890-1950 (businessman)