Property letters from Tsingtao to Shanghai, 27 June 1929-14 Jan. 1933
Scope and Contents
Copies of property letters from Jardine Matheson, Tsingtao, to Jardine Matheson, Shanghai, with some enclosed letters and papers:
1. Nos P.7-9, 11, 12 and 14 from A.E. Smith to R.M. Austin and J.J. Paterson, 27 June-3 April 1929.
2. Nos P.1-10, 12 and 13 from A.E. Smith and G.H. Bowker to R.M. Austin, 8 January-24 December 1930.
3. Nos P.1, 2 and 4-6 from G.H. Bowker to R.M. Austin and B.D.F. Beith, 24 January-18 September 1931.
4. Nos P.1, P.2, P.3 and P.3 from G.H. Bowker to B.D.F. Beith, 27 July-9 December 1932. There are two letters numbered P.3, dated 20 August 1932 and 9 December 1932 respectively.
5. Nos P.1-2 from G.H. Bowker to B.D.F. Beith, 12 and 14 January 1933.
The subjects covered in the file include the Kaeseman property, office mortgage, office premises, Tsinan property and Tsinanfu land. The folder is labelled 'Ports. From Tsingtao. Property'.
- 27 June 1929-14 Jan. 1933
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 folder(s) (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 27 February 2012.
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: email@example.com
all other enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org