Property correspondence between Shanghai and Wuhu, 15 Mar. 1929-14 Mar. 1932
Scope and Contents
Copies of property correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Shanghai and Wuhu, arranged chronologically, containing the following letters:
1. Unnumbered property letters from I.F. Drysdale, Wuhu, to J.J. Paterson, Shanghai, 15 and 26 March 1929, and from O.V. Lanning, Wuhu, to R.M. Austin, Shanghai, 22 May 1929.
2. Nos P.4-11 from R.M. Austin and J.J. Paterson, Shanghai, to I.F. Drysdale, O.V. Lanning and P.C. Mansfield, Wuhu, 20 March 1929-13 December 1930.
3. Nos P.1-3 from P.C. Mansfield, Wuhu, to R.M. Austin, Shanghai, 11 October-2 December 1930.
4. No. P.1 from B.D.F. Beith, Shanghai, to P.C. Mansfield, Wuhu, 14 March 1932.
There is also an extract from a semi-official letter no. 17 from Shanghai to Wuhu of 20 March 1929. The subjects covered in the file include the proposed erection of a fence or wall around the firm's Wuhu property and the title deeds to property. The ring-binder is labelled 'Ports. Wuhu. Property'.
- 15 Mar. 1929-14 Mar. 1932
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 27 February 2012.