Property correspondence between Hong Kong and Swatow, 16 Apr. 1929-29 Apr. 1936
Scope and Contents
Copies of property correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Hong Kong and Swatow, with enclosed letters and papers:
1. Nos P.15-41, 43-50 and 52-56 from B.D.F. Beith, R.E. Coxon, W.J. Keswick and J.J. Paterson, Hong Kong, to G.H. Bowker and W.H. Tindal King, Swatow, 25 April 1929-29 April 1936.
2. Nos P.43-92 and 94-96 from G.H. Bowker and W.H. Tindal King, Swatow, to B.D.F. Beith, R.E. Coxon, W.J. Keswick and J.J. Paterson, Hong Kong, 16 April 1929-23 September 1935.
There is no index, but the file includes the following subjects (among others):
A: Annual accounts.
K: No. 4 Property - Kakchioh; Kakchioh reclamation.
L: Lot No. S.22 - native dwelling house behind office; Lot No. S.38.
N: Netherlands Harbour Works Co.
R: Road widening.
S: Swatow reclamation.
T: Chinese house tax and sanitation tax.
The ring-binder is labelled 'Ports. Swatow. Property'.
- 16 Apr. 1929-29 Apr. 1936
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, October 2010.
- Beith, Benjamin David Fleming, 1884-1960 (businessman)
- Bowker, George Henry, b 1887 (businessman)
- Coxon, Raymond Ernest, b 1892 (businessman)
- Keswick, Sir William Johnstone, 1903-1990 (Knight, businessman)
- King, Wilfred Henry Tindal, 1885-1965 (businessman)
- Paterson, John Johnstone, 1886-1971 (businessman)