Semi-official letters from Tokyo to New York, 22 June 1951-2 Mar. 1954
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official letters from Jardine Matheson, Tokyo, to Balfour, Guthrie & Co. Ltd, New York, with enclosed letters and papers:
1. Nos 1-2 from F.A. Pollock to A. Davidson, 22 June-30 July 1951.
2. Nos 2-4 from E.F. Watts to A. Davidson, 1 September-1 October 1952.
3. Nos 5, 6 and 9-11 from F.A. Pollock and E.F. Watts to A.S.R. Williamson, 23 February-18 November 1953.
4. Nos 14 and 17 from (respectively) I.F. Aucott and F.A. Pollock to A.S.R. Williamson, 14 January-2 March 1954.
The ring-binder is labelled 'File I'.
- 22 June 1951-2 Mar. 1954
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
1 file(s) (1 ring-binder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 17 April 2012.
- From the Fonds: Jardine, Matheson and Co. Ltd (Organization)
Part of the Cambridge University Library Repository
Cambridge University Library
Cambridge CB3 9DR United Kingdom
Map Dept enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
all other enquiries: email@example.com