Semi-official correspondence between Tokyo and Kobe, New York, Osaka and Taipei, 1952-1953
Scope and Contents
Copies of semi-official correspondence between Jardine Matheson, Tokyo, and Jardine Matheson, Kobe and Taipei, and Balfour, Guthrie & Co. Ltd, New York, with enclosures. The correspondents are I.F. Aucott, B.E. Bolton, A. Davidson, F. Jolly, J. McHugh, F.A. Pollock, E.F. Watts, A.R.J. White, E.Y. Whyte and A.S.R. Williamson.
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is subject to special conditions and is at the discretion of Matheson & Co. Ltd, part of the Jardine Matheson Group. A statement of the conditions and an application form are available in the Manuscripts Reading Room. Printed copies of the form are available by post (please contact the University Library). An electronic version can also be found at https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/files/jm_permission_form.pdf.
Records described in the catalogue as being in a bad condition are in a fragile state that precludes them being made available to readers.
Access to some records may be restricted under the terms of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
2 volume(s) (2 volumes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Matheson & Co. Ltd, London, 29 September 2011.
- Aucott, Ian Frank, 1916-1991 (businessman)
- Balfour, Guthrie and Co Ltd
- Bolton, Bernard Ernest, b 1909 (businessman)
- Jolly, Frederick, b 1907 (businessman)
- McHugh, James Marshall, 1899-1966 (Colonel)
- Pollock, Frederick Arthur, b 1899 (businessman)
- Watts, Erik Francis, 1904-1984 (businessman)
- White, Alexander Robert James, b 1907 (businessman)